Monday, March 06, 2006

Return of Comments!!!

Well thanks to Blogspot seeing this becoming an issue and finally getting something to hopefully kill the old comment spam for good. I mentioned early on that I had to disable comments due to the overwhelming attacks that started hitting my comments on my blog. One issue is that for about 4 or more of my posts still will not have comments to those individual posts.

Either way they have since been turned back on and will be available from here on out unless for some reason it becomes an issue again with spam.

From what I understand is a BOT can simply find comments and guest books and simply spam the heck out of them and by implementing number or letter verification will eliminate these types of spam from generating.

After much reading it seems that only about 0.01% are actually manually submitted or generated. So having this new form of verification or having some form of moderation should eliminate it once and for all. Lets hope so.

I will be back with a new post soon. Hope you enjoy the return of comments and hope to hear from you all soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home