Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sorry Folks...

For those of you following my blog, I just want to say I'm sorry... I know it's been a while and with work it's kind of hard to find time to get out here to post something - my life is some work and some play so from work to BF2 and the occassional grass cutting.

Currently I'm back to the same place I've been several times before (The Power Company) in their Support Center which I've mentioned in earlier posts and seems to be my HOT topic. I am in a transition and will now be building all of the companies servers. So I guess it's a promotion and more secure than the Support Center job I'm currently holding, (Outsourcing) is in the works at this company for their IT department, only time will tell. One more week in there (The Support Center) and thank god, I'm out and to my own room, building, OS-ing, and racking of servers.

I've built many systems in my time for myself and many others and have spec'ed many others. A server though is a more glorified computer, that is for sure. A whole new learning curve. 4 processors in such a small place... LOL. Nothing hard when you've been toying and tinkering with computers as long as I have. I've already built 6 servers for them with something like 75 more to go. We'll see how well of a job I can do compared to the person who also moved onto a newer position within the same company doing SANS. For you novices that is MASS STORAGE. I wish I were the one on that position because that is currently where the money is at, we are talking 6 figures for some companies, EMC being the biggest.

I want to say I did NOT suck or swallow to get this position... LOL. The person recommended me to fill his position since he knew of my knowledge with many different items and knew I could handle it. Thanks bud for the confidence...

Well as I've always said in the past when I have time, I'll be posting but in IT it's kind of hard to think of things to talk about and let me just say with troubleshooting BF2 for others it might just give me some more topics to talk about and my next post will be about one of them. See ya at my next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home